Caring for the Environment
mysportswear understands the importance of preserving the environment and working towards a sustainable society. Ensuring we have a healthy environment for current and future generations remains the vision for all our activities:
• We promote energy saving ownership and regularly check our utility consumption. Internal assessments recognize energy saving opportunities and we promote our internal ‘switch off’ campaign.
• We utilise low energy LED lighting and offices incorporate sensor controlled switching. All new appliances are chosen for their energy saving benefits and building temperature is closely monitored.
• We have policies to encourage double-sided printing, use of recycled paper and materials and print documents only when necessary.
• Leakage reduction, push taps, urinal controllers and rainwater recovery are all new initiatives to reduce our annual water consumption.
• mysportswear aims to prevent waste through reduction & recycling. Cardboard and packaging material is recovered where possible through our supply chain and where possible all packaging supplied to customers can be recycled.
• Packaging waste is reduced by using exactly what is needed to protect and transport products safely & responsibly.
• We have a zero landfill policy.
• In 2016 mysportswear is seeking to launch a national initiative to enable all clubs to recycle their old teamwear. This teamwear will be recycled or sent to other countries to support Sport for Africa (mh to confirm this)
Travelling & Logistics
We have taken action through our fleet replacement policy to meet the current LEZ (low emission zone) standards
• Our company car policy encourages employees to choose fuel-efficient vehicles
• We have a policy to cut out engine idling when our vehicles are stationary
• Our delivery vehicles and preferred transport partners utilise route optimisation and scheduling software helping reduce fuel and transport time.
• We promote cycling to work, journey sharing and the use of public transport
• We promote our driver-training scheme to encourage safe and smooth driving to improve fuel consumption and reduce noise emissions.
mysportswear will continue to encourage and challenge our business partners to improve their environmental stance and work in partnership with its supply chain to provide a brighter future for our planet.